Current Probe for PCB Track Measurements
Aim I-prober 520Making PCB track current measurement a reality
The I-prober 520 positional current probe is unlike any other current probe or current measurement device available.
Calibrated measurement of current normally requires the current to be passed through a closed magnetic loop. Typically this is done using some form of split clamp device. Whereas this is suitable for individual wires, it is of no use for measuring current in PCB tracks.
The I-prober 520 is a compact hand-held probe which is used with an oscilloscope. By placing the insulated tip of the probe onto a PCB track, the current flowing in the track can be observed and measured.
You can even measure the current in a ground plane. The Aim I-prober makes instant PCB track current measurements a reality.
Key features of the I-prober 520 current probe
- Measurement from insulated probing of conductor
- Suitable for observation and measurement of current in PCB tracks, component leads and ground planes
- Wide dynamic range of 10mA to 20A pk to pk
- Wide bandwidth of DC to 5MHz
- Low noise figure of <6mA rms at full B/W
- Safety rated to 300V Cat II (600V Cat 1)
- Suitable for connection to any oscilloscope
- High accuracy general purpose H-field probe
- Converts to ‘closed circuit’ current probe
Find out more at the I-prober product page at www.aimtti.com
Take the I-prober 520 product tour where you can find detailed description, technical specifications and explanatory videos
Watch a YouTube teardown at EEVblog (opens in a new window or tab)